"I'M FEELING TWENTY-TWO"


*cue in Taylor Swift's "22"*

First of all, hello! I'm back with a new blog (again), and after almost a year I decided to create digital diary. I just can't let go of writing, but I feel like I need a fresh start. This blog is still under-construction, and I'm planning to have my own domain by next year. Yes, I'll be updating this blog on a regular basis since I'm basically doing freelance now, I have all the time in my hands.

Anyway, today is my 22nd birthday (I'm not so giddy for this day, the past few days have been such a political tragedy here and I'm still absorbing the current events of the world. But hope is not lost just yet.) and A LOT (I really mean a lot) has happened over the course of the year: I quit my day job, took theatre workshops, auditioned for productions, toured around Luzon, joined a theatre festival and so many more. It would take such a long time to write everything down, but as a summary this has been by far the best year that I've had. Of course, adulting is always getting in the way most especially now that I'm doing freelance, I need to find ways to sustain myself and pay my freaking bills. 

Yes, being in the adult world is tough as hell. I almost hit my downfall last February, and thought of giving up the stage. I found it hard to take in, constant rejections and not knowing where you're actually going wrong. But as I ponder on my journey, I realized that giving up is such a stupid idea and now as I'm hustling through the tough course of pursuing my dreams, I learned 4 important points:
  • When in doubt, pause and take a break. But don't stop.
  • Always have a PLAN B. It's always a good idea to have a back up plan when the universe really conspires that you're better off in doing something else. 
  • Move forward, and accept rejections. Getting rejected does not mean that you (or your talent) suck. It isn't the end of the world for you so...
  • Just keep striving, and working hard for the dream.
I wish you guys to have a swell week! <3 div="" nbsp="">

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2014 Denise Castillo , Blogger